Today is your birthday and although I’m writing this a couple of days early, I feel like you’ll still be hanging onto that tooth. You can twist it around, stick it our straight, turn it backwards, and yes it’s still hanging on.
You’ve been waiting for this day for a quite a while, marking the days off. You’re well into your first year of school and you’re doing great. You still have that giggle that can make anyone laugh, and you still have the smallest waist of anyone in the house. You love playing but sometimes don’t like that games have rules. You can make your own lunches, especially PB&J and you recently decided that your wanted a pet turtle. Turns out they don’t really make the best pets so we’ve tabled that for the time being. You recently accepted Jesus into your heart and were baptized shortly after by your daddy. That was an exciting day for you and, of course, for all of us as well.
We’re super excited about what your 6th year has in store for you. We love you and happy birthday!
In some ways it seems like you can’t possibly be turning four, that means you’re very close to Kindergarten and ready for a big kid booster seat. In other ways you seem like you’ve been doing big kid things for a while, but I guess that’s to be expected, you have a hefty load of siblings to emulate on a daily basis. Here’s what’s been going on with you lately.
- You are so very loving to our new little one that will be arriving soon. I’m praying that continues when she actually arrives. You have big plans to fix her hair (assuming she has some), hold her, and give her a bath, among other things. You love to feel her move, you give her kisses constantly, and don’t even mind when she tries to kick you off of my lap. I’m praying you two will be best buddies.
- You have this ability to get into a zone while playing, and have an amazing imagination. You have certainly mastered the art of playing alone.
- You are a bit picky about food. You love cheeseburgers (who doesn’t) and pizza. All other preferences are subject to change on a daily or hourly basis.
- You are cuddly. I just love this, and I hope you stay this way forever.
- Everyone knows when you aren’t happy about something. I’ll just say you wear your emotions on your sleeve.
- You like all things girly. I’m going to embrace this at the moment because I know that it’s quite possible that in a couple of more years you may be more on the tomboyish side (because, so. many. brothers) but for now, yes you may wear that dress today.
We just love you our Liddiebug and can’t wait to see the young lady that you continue to grow into. Happy Birthday!
Today we took you out to lunch to celebrate year number eight and broke the news to you that you weren’t allowed to get any older. Since you weren’t too happy about that we compromised and said you just couldn’t ever leave our house. We feel like it’s a happy medium.
I’ll start by reminding you that we never expected to have a little girl, I mean there are three brothers before you.
But boy, are we glad that God saw fit to give you to us. You’re a ball of sunshine for sure. You bring so much laughter and smiles on a daily basis. You can find the joy in all things and every situation. You’re my little girl who loves girly things but can also appreciate playing and working hard and even sweating on occasion. You’re the best helper that one could have, and you never mind stepping in where you’re needed.
I’m pretty sure we couldn’t have hand-picked a better daughter.
We love you our beautiful strawberry blonde, freckled first born girl! We can’t wait to see what your future holds. And assuming we have to both let you grow up and leave the house one day, we’re praying that we can continue to guide you with His help to be exactly what He desires you to be!
Happy eighth birthday, we love you!
It’s always sobering when our kids reach the double digits. Suddenly sixteen and eighteen look so much closer to ten than you would ever think. But, today is your day buddy!
Here are some things about you on your tenth birthday.
- You eat a lot. I mean a whole lot and I don’t quite understand where you put it all. Beyond that you really enjoy getting all into your eating, like you haven’t eaten in a very long time.
- You still love Legos. I’ll also add you love Nerf guns and, as always, you love to be in the water.
- You are doing great with the fiddle. Your weekly lessons are really paying off and you are making great progress.
- You’re good at math. I don’t know who you get it from either, but boy and I’m glad that you like it.
- You love making decisions but sometimes take a while to make them. It’s okay to put a lot of thought into things, maybe just not everything needs to be agonized over for days.
- You’re an awesome brother. So sometimes you have to clean up toys you weren’t playing with and sometimes you have to calm down your pool splashing, but you take it in stride and you’re a great brother.
- You’re still a very funny guy. I’m sure you get it from your daddy.
- You want to live in the country when you grow up. The city is simply too confining and you need space to roam. I feel you son.
- You’re a peace-maker. And I love you for it because we need all the peace-makers in this family that we can get.
- You really like cake. Cake, candy, ice cream, pie, you name it, you like it all. And, yes, I will make sure you have something sweet on your birthday even though all of your cake it gone already.
Happy Birthday, we love you!
The day before your 14th birthday we spent surrounded by family, fire, and the outdoors. There aren’t three things that I can think of that you love any more, except maybe knives and camping. This year has found you making great progress with Civil Air Patrol, doing service work out of town, thriving in your first year of high school, loving your Biology class, making new friends, and having some great new experiences.
Your heart for people still amazes me. You will never know the effect that your kind words and affection do for other people.
We pray for you daily as we navigate these teenage years together. There will continue to be ups and downs, lots of room for growth and learning, many chances to offer grace.
We just love you so much and pray that you have a wonderful birthday today, and that you spend time outside in your favorite space doing the things that you love!