– We’re still down one vehicle for now so the kids and I took David to work this morning and picked him up this afternoon. It was a nice change to be able to spend some time with him in the morning since our normal morning routine doesn’t include much more than a “good morning” and “bye” said in passing. We’re still awaiting the final word on our van.
– Since we were in Elon this morning the kids and I decided to have school at Joe Davidson Park. After spending some time at a picnic table working on our work everyone was able to release some energy on the playground. We finished it off with a nature walk where we talked about coniferous trees and studied a field full of soybeans. It was nice to mix the day up a bit.
– I watched as my dad put the last piece of rock on the rock columns today. I can speak for everyone when I say that we’re sooo glad that job is over.
– If you’ve noticed our boy’s hair looking a little scralgigly lately, don’t worry we’re not going for this look. Not wanting them to have cold heads this winter I’m trying to transition from a super short summer cut to a short winter cut. They have appointments next week with a real hairdresser to get it all evened up nicely before I start whacking at it myself again.
– And, if you’ve noticed my husband looking a little more, should I say, rugged with his unkept facial hair that’s my fault too. He knows that I enjoy his more rugged side sometimes. Ah, the things our husbands endure for us!
Have a great week!