Our kids treated us to a little vacation yesterday and today. They received a gift card to the Great Wolf Lodge for Christmas and they were kind enough to take us along. Everyone had a great time and we were able to spend some quality time with my brother and sister-in-law and their three blessings.
– B3 finally got up the courage to go down the only real water slide that he was old tall enough to go down. He beamed with pride we he showed me how he could do it all by himself. I love seeing those times of growth in our children, overcoming fear and coming out on the other side!
– All three boys slept in one queen sized bed last night. We went to bed at 9:30 and I woke up at 12:00 and couldn’t go back to sleep. It took me a few hours but I was able to process some of the book I started the other day so it was time well spent.
– Two kids actually feel fast asleep in the waterpark today, neither were mine.
– The hostess at the resturant we ate at last night (at 4:00 pm) was surprised when I told her that we needed seven kid menus. We’re almost outnumbered two to one with kids between our two families and I just love it.
– We saved money by baking muffins ahead of time to take on our overnight trip and everyone gathered in our room this morning for a muffin buffet. It was one of my favorite times of the trip.
– We had nice car rides on our way to and from our trip. David and I were able to catch up on some conversations or just enjoy the silence of sleeping and reading kids.
– I have no pictures to share tonight because I took zero. I decided I would just enjoy the time with the kids and not worry so much about photos this time. David took three pictures for a Flat Stanley project for the boys that was it.
Have a nice week!