My mind is full of home school curriculum comparisons tonight so I thought I would take a break and keep it kinda light. Since I’m sure you’re all dying to know I thought I would simply share what we had for supper. Excited? I thought so.
I got this recipe from the Better Homes and Gardens website, you can click here to see the recipe on their site. You know we love some Mexican food here that’s no surprise but we also love fresh pineapple and I love Jamaican jerk seasoning. This recipe just happen to be the perfect mesh for us. I share this because it passed the test here, everyone ate it and we had no leftovers.
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas
- 4 1-inch slices peeled fresh pineapple (about half)
- 1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 small red or orange sweet peppers, seeded, cut in strips
- 2 tsp. Jamaican jerk seasoning **(I used a jerk marinade that I found on sale, it worked perfectly)
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. cooking oil
Fresh cilantro and lime wedges (please don’t leave out the cilantro, we also added sour cream)
2. Cut chicken in strips; toss with sweet peppers; jerk seasoning, and pepper. Heat oil in skillet; add chicken and peppers. Cook and stir over medium-high 4 to 6 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink. Core and chop pineapple. Serve with chicken, tortillas, cilantro, and lime.
Makes 4 servings. (three adults and four kids ate this and we had plenty)
This was really yummy. I fixed a side of risotto and used some of the jerk marinade in it also.
So let’s hear it, what did everyone else have for supper?