I sit rocking in the chair with the tiniest one in my arms. He’s tired and needs a bit of attention while the older ones do math and the younger ones have an activity to keep them busy. I start to hear the voices increase and hear feet all around, running around the room and going down the stairs. For a moment I feel defeated. I’ve only ask them to work quietly while I get the baby to fall asleep. Was that really too much?
My mind goes back to January 1st. That day that we sat in our bedroom and resolved to ask God to help us with things this year. My thing, seeing the everyday blessings and thanking Him for them more purposefully. I start to name them out loud, I talk to myself over the muffled noise of feet from the next room.
1. these tiny feet cupped in my arms
2. those big feet doing division in the schoolroom
3. those slightly smaller feet matching Dominos in the floor
4. the quiet of this room
5. doors that close away the noise
6. a husband who willingly takes a son to an orthodontist appointment
7. Him walking with us during changes
8. His sacrifice
9. His promises, kept, always
They keep pouring out just like the breath of this little one, now sleeping peacefully.
In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 1Thessalonians 5:18
My word for this year, Praise.