Today is your birthday and although I’m writing this a couple of days early, I feel like you’ll still be hanging onto that tooth. You can twist it around, stick it our straight, turn it backwards, and yes it’s still hanging on.
You’ve been waiting for this day for a quite a while, marking the days off. You’re well into your first year of school and you’re doing great. You still have that giggle that can make anyone laugh, and you still have the smallest waist of anyone in the house. You love playing but sometimes don’t like that games have rules. You can make your own lunches, especially PB&J and you recently decided that your wanted a pet turtle. Turns out they don’t really make the best pets so we’ve tabled that for the time being. You recently accepted Jesus into your heart and were baptized shortly after by your daddy. That was an exciting day for you and, of course, for all of us as well.
We’re super excited about what your 6th year has in store for you. We love you and happy birthday!
It’s always sobering when our kids reach the double digits. Suddenly sixteen and eighteen look so much closer to ten than you would ever think. But, today is your day buddy!
Here are some things about you on your tenth birthday.
- You eat a lot. I mean a whole lot and I don’t quite understand where you put it all. Beyond that you really enjoy getting all into your eating, like you haven’t eaten in a very long time.
- You still love Legos. I’ll also add you love Nerf guns and, as always, you love to be in the water.
- You are doing great with the fiddle. Your weekly lessons are really paying off and you are making great progress.
- You’re good at math. I don’t know who you get it from either, but boy and I’m glad that you like it.
- You love making decisions but sometimes take a while to make them. It’s okay to put a lot of thought into things, maybe just not everything needs to be agonized over for days.
- You’re an awesome brother. So sometimes you have to clean up toys you weren’t playing with and sometimes you have to calm down your pool splashing, but you take it in stride and you’re a great brother.
- You’re still a very funny guy. I’m sure you get it from your daddy.
- You want to live in the country when you grow up. The city is simply too confining and you need space to roam. I feel you son.
- You’re a peace-maker. And I love you for it because we need all the peace-makers in this family that we can get.
- You really like cake. Cake, candy, ice cream, pie, you name it, you like it all. And, yes, I will make sure you have something sweet on your birthday even though all of your cake it gone already.
Happy Birthday, we love you!
We have a new five-year-old in the house. He’s been so excited about his birthday for months. He’ll start kindergarten next year, how crazy does that seem?
This little guy is so fun to be around. He’s maybe a bit dramatic, which makes him so funny. It may also get him into trouble sometimes.
He told me yesterday he thought that he would stop whining now and listen better, since he’s bigger and all.
We love you Ezra, happy birthday! We can’t wait to see what this year holds for you son!
Well today is finally your big day!
You, my now FOUR year old, have been waiting through all of your siblings birthdays with great anticipation. Today, it’s your day for sure. It’s amazing the big personality that is in the little body of yours.
You’re super funny, and very loud (we’re working on that), you have a big imagination, and you’re such a sweet boy. You’re also a great brother!
We love you big man and can’t wait to see what the next years hold for you! Happy Birthday!
This little guy turned three today. He really likes the beach! He also enjoys, chicken (to eat), yogurt, and anything that resembles dessert (that’s actually his favorite). He uses his siblings old workbooks and does “school” at the table with us. He pretends to be all kinds of things, and is really good at taking care of his sisters’ dolls.
He’s a little sneaky and has a killer smile. Like all of our kids he holds his own special place in this family that couldn’t possibly be filled otherwise. We love so much Ezra, Happy Birthday!